Sunday, December 25, 2011

Christmas!!!

Christmas is over. Which means tomorrow I will be cleaning/putting toys together fun stuff. I know my last post was a little negative. It was a rough night. Things are a little better for now. Keep your fingers crossed that it lasts.
Best present by far this year was a picture frame collage that Amanda made me.Not the the kind where you put a couple pictures in. I will update and put a picture on when I am not on Adriana's laptdp. While looking at it I could not help but think How the heck did she get all of these pictures. She looks at me and says I took them off your facebook. I know my page is private but it still suprises me that your "friends" on facebook can take and have your pictures printed.
I am really trying to get batter at blogging. Its not as easy as people think. Hopefully now while she's at school I can sneak on her laptop and get some blogging done. I am not too sure how much my husband will like the fact that I can now lay in bed with a computer.he'll get over it right? Ok onto pinterest posts. Here are a few things I have been doing lately.


These are grinch cookies. I made them for a cookie swap. I participated with a friend of mine. We swapped 66 cookies. It made making a cookie platter for Travis' work pretty easy. They all went over well. The kids loved them we will be making these again. More then likely for St Patricks day. I loved how simple they were. Here is the recipe for anyone intersted.

Grinch Cookies Recipe
INGREDIENTS:

1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon mint extract
6 to 8 drops green food color
1 egg
1 cup creme de menthe baking chips
1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks

DIRECTIONS:

1. Heat oven to 350°F. In large bowl, stir cookie mix, butter, extract, food color and egg until soft dough forms. Stir in creme de menthe baking chips and chocolate chunks.

2. Using small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop dough 2 inches apart on ungreased cookie sheet.

3. Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until set. Cool 3 minutes; remove from cookie sheet to wire rack. Serve warm or cool completely. Store tightly covered at room temperature.

No comments: